TEXAS TOAST WITH CHEESE
Cheesy Texas Toast is a scrumptious and quick dish that elevates the humble toast into a delightful treat. This original recipe offers a simple and mouthwatering way to enjoy cheesy goodness on toasted bread. Let’s dive into how to prepare this delicious Cheesy Texas Toast.
- 4 slices of thick-cut Texas toast or any hearty bread
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese blend
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional for garlic flavor)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preparing the Cheesy Spread:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened unsalted butter and minced garlic (if using). Mix until the garlic is evenly distributed, providing a subtle garlic flavor.
- Season the butter mixture with a pinch of salt and black pepper to your taste.
Creating the Cheesy Texas Toast:
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Place the Texas toast slices on a baking sheet.
- Spread a generous layer of the garlic-infused butter mixture on one side of each toast slice.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the buttered side of the toast.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler and broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, typically for 1-2 minutes. Be sure to keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- Remove the Cheesy Texas Toast from the oven and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on top for a burst of color and added flavor.
- Serve your Cheesy Texas Toast hot and enjoy the delightful combination of garlic, melted cheese, and perfectly toasted bread.
Cheesy Texas Toast is a delightful way to enjoy the irresistible combination of melted cheese and toasted bread. This original recipe provides a simple and delicious approach to satisfy your cheese cravings. Enjoy your Cheesy Texas Toast as a quick snack or side dish.