Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic 😋😍
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large head of cabbage, core removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of paprika
- Carrots (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it’s crispy and fully cooked.
- Remove the bacon and place it on paper towels to drain. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Sauté the garlic and onion in the skillet with the bacon fat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until they become tender.
- Then, add the cabbage immediately and cook for another 10 minutes or until it becomes tender.
- Add the chopped bacon on top, use ⅓ cup of water as needed to steam the cabbage, season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Stir to combine, reduce the heat, and continue to cook for another two minutes or until the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: Don’t forget to add carrots to the dish if you’d like, as it adds an extra layer of flavor.