OLD FASHIONED COCONUT CREAM PIE
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) pre-baked pie shell
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread the sweetened flaked coconut evenly on a baking sheet. Bake it, stirring occasionally, until it turns a lovely golden brown, which should take about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the half-and-half, beaten eggs, granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Once it begins to thicken, remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract. Keep the remaining toasted coconut for garnishing the pie.
- Pour the creamy filling into the pre-baked pie shell and refrigerate it until it becomes firm, typically around 4 hours.
- Just before serving, top the pie with the thawed frozen whipped topping and garnish with the reserved toasted coconut.
- Serve and enjoy your delightful Coconut Cream Pie!
This rewritten content offers a fresh perspective on the original recipe while adhering to SEO best practices.