Homemade Apple Butter Recipe
- 6 1/2 pounds of apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Start by placing the sliced apples in your slow cooker.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract to the crockpot. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cook the mixture in the slow cooker on the low setting for approximately 10 hours. Be sure to stir the mixture every couple of hours. You’ll know the apple butter is ready when it becomes thick and turns a rich, dark brown.
- If you prefer a smoother consistency, use a blender to puree the apple butter until it’s smooth.
- Once your apple butter is ready, cover it and refrigerate for up to two weeks, or you can freeze it in small containers for longer storage.
Enjoy your delicious homemade apple butter! 😋
This revised content offers a fresh presentation of the original recipe while adhering to SEO guidelines.