Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
Elevate your desserts and treats with the irresistible goodness of Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. This silky, sweet, and slightly salty concoction is a versatile topping that can transform ordinary dishes into extraordinary ones. Whether drizzled over ice cream, layered in a cake, or stirred into your morning coffee, this salted caramel sauce is a kitchen essential. Follow this straightforward recipe to create your very own jar of caramel perfection.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (adjust to taste)
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and water over medium heat. Stir gently until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, stop stirring and allow the mixture to simmer. Continue simmering until the sugar turns a deep amber color, which should take about 8-10 minutes. Swirl the pan occasionally to ensure even caramelization.
- As soon as the caramel reaches the desired color, carefully remove it from the heat to prevent overcooking or burning.
- Slowly and carefully pour the heavy cream into the caramel while stirring. Be cautious as the mixture may bubble up.
- Return the saucepan to low heat and continue stirring until the caramel and cream are well combined. This should take 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the unsalted butter until it’s fully melted and incorporated into the caramel.
- Add the pure vanilla extract and sea salt to the caramel. Stir to combine. Taste the sauce and adjust the salt to your preference, adding a pinch more if desired.
- Allow the salted caramel sauce to cool in the saucepan for a few minutes before transferring it to a heatproof container or jar. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover the container or jar and store the salted caramel sauce in the refrigerator. It will thicken as it cools.
Conclusion: Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce is a game-changer in the world of dessert toppings. Its velvety texture, sweet flavor, and delicate saltiness make it an exquisite addition to various sweet creations. Use it to elevate your ice cream, cakes, pastries, and more, or even give it as a thoughtful gift to a fellow food lover. Enjoy the versatile and delectable taste of your very own salted caramel sauce!